Thursday, April 29, 2010

AurThings: Mostly Excellent - Some suggestions

I would say I was introduced to some concepts and tools I had zero familiarity with before AurThings and will use selected tools and skills in work or life.

Even the things I was re-introduced to proved helpful as the first time I tried them I did it either in a rushed fashion or just forgot about them. Some I see the use for more than I did before.

The text and instructions were excellent.

If people felt they needed to do every single thing, including challenges, I can see people dropping out of this. Some of it was very challenging.

Though not everyone could have attended and it would take yet more time for instructors, it would have been nice to also offer ten minute instruction sections for each week, just because some concepts were difficult to understand with text and playing around. Some concepts that took me 30 minutes to finally get were not actually hard - just not obvious.

Overall this was a great experience. I often don't take the time to try new technology that doesn't resonate immediately so this helped me leap off a few virtual bridges. (Sometimes I swam...sometimes I drowned!)

Ok. Since this is an audiobook blog: remember audiobookers! Public libraries now have lots more free stuff for iPod users!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Ellen. If/When we run this program again some in-person training will be on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Hate to even ask since time is short. But...thanks.

    ReplyDelete